general idea/overview of dates: "Plenum"
Date/Time: 08 May 2021 - 20:00
Here's the list so far - please don't hesitate to add more! If you won't be able to attend, you can add your comments here or in the discussion to take part anyway :-)
Let's take up to 2 × 20 minutes before each plenum to show others what we're working on! If you are interested in talking about your projects, please announce it here and/or via the Mailing List:
- <please add your idea(s)!>
- <please add your idea(s)!>
Recap of the last year
The last Plenum took place in March 2020.
Since then, we have been quite active and achieved a lot:
- As part of the MakerVsVirus initiative, we have produced an impressive amount of face shields and other equipment needed by doctors and hospitals. See Project:Face Shields for details.
- Despite the pandemic, we have been able to conduct two out of the three Tor4 workshops. See https://www.comakingspace.org/tor4/ for details.
- along with these, we were able to commission awesome new machines (see below)
- follow-up events can hopefully happen this summer
- Slack was introduced as a new communication and collaboration platform. We have channels for our different workshops, project specific channels and even a channel to collaborate with makers in Bruchsal and Karlsruhe! 54 Members already joined slack :)
- A couple of virtual seminars took place: blender, podman, wiki hosting using cloud-init and podman, autonomous catamaran building (anything else...?)
- The wiki has been upgraded and now features VisualEditor!
- Our website (https://www.comakingspace.org) was rebuilt and is now entirely open source (https://github.com/comakingspace/comakingspace.github.io)
In the background
- We have rebuilt our hosting infrastructure. We are now using a v-server at hetzner to host containerized applications such as mediawiki, our memberslist and snipeit
- We have moved our accounting to lexoffice, making it more reliable and less time-consuming
- We have moved our asset tracking to snipeit allowing us to keep track of important documents and maintenance in a more structured and less time-consuming manner
New (and newly available) tools at the space
=> also see "Wish List"
- new Chop Saw has been available since March 2020
- sliding table for the table saw
- Anything else?
During the lockdowns due to the Corona-Pandemic, we have added a Slack workspace which is open for everyone to join. If you are not in there yet, please join it!
In April 2021, our new website went live. It can be found on https://www.comakingspace.de. The source code behind can be found in the corresponding GitHub repository. Improvements to the website can be proposed by anybody. Please open an issue or a pull request with your proposed changes.
-- currently not possible --
Please share your experiences with just about anything - the more people are creating wiki content together, the better!
=> have a look at current "wiki" labeled issues where help is especially welcome :-)
Also check out current projects that are looking for collaborators if you're a team player!
Area Patron Update
|Electronics Bench||Johannes & Leo||any update?||Martin: Needs cleanup! Any volunteers?|
|3D Printer Farm||Leo & Kim||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Woodturning||Lukas||please be aware that the long lathe (Güde 1000, "the blue one") should not be plugged into old circuits or it may overheat fuses||any feedback/thanks?|
|CNC Router||Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Kitchen||Kim & Johannes||Rebuilding ongoing.||any feedback/thanks?|
|Drilling Table (and screw/nail stuff)||Keno||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Metal Lathe||Luzian||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Sanding Corner||F.Huchinson (supported by Luca)||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Laser Cutter||Erik||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
Who else would like to become an Area Patron (Eckpate)?
- wood workshop, e.g.:
- hand tools
- Metal Workshop, e.g.:
- hand tools
- Precious Plastic
This is the place to talk about general improvements etc. - for example:
- What did I do since the last plenum?
- What am I planning to do until the next plenum?
- What went wrong?
- What went well?
- so far, we were able to survive the unfortunate situation with an ongoing donation campaign and tons of solidarity from members who can't use the Space at the moment! We are still losing money though, so please keep spreading the word :-)
- What should get done at the space (new issues)?