From CoMakingSpace Wiki
A list of gadgets we would like to use in the near future. If you have additional ideas, please add them!
For small things, e.g. consumables, we sometimes organize group orders - see "Centralized Buying"!
A good way to make sure something can actually be purchased is to create a page for that item and link it to the entry in this list. That way, we can keep the list neat while accumulating enough knowledge and specific suggestions to make an informed decision what to spend money on. Pages for equipment we don't have yet are in the "Wanted" namespace.
Do you happen to know a good source for any of these items, or want to get rid of something yourself? Please let us know!
- cutting mat
- screen printing equipment (can be self-built)
- Makelangelo art robot (actually more of a project idea)
- glass/ceramic ring saw (short review with funny video)
- assortment of aluminum extrusions
- variable torque screwdriver set
- Handheld sanding disc holder
- bigger/better table saw
- SawStop table saw (2000 € or more, does not seem to be available in Europe...)
- sliding panel saw (Formatkreissäge)
- vertical panel saw (Plattensäge) - simple version could be self-built
- pocket hole jig (e.g. this one or more elaborate system; or self-built?)
- router table/table saw depth gauge
- e.g. Trend, Tinzzi, Proster
- Fünf Tipps für die richtige Benutzung (HolzWerken)
- Shaper Origin handheld CNC router
- CNC router accessories
- tool changer
- tool length sensor
- aluminum t-slot bed
- vacuum table
- eccentric nuts for fixing small workpieces to the CNC table
- handheld planer for workpieces that are too large for our jointer-planer
- pipe clamps
- Sebastian donated a few! Let's see if we need more...
- alternatively Türenspanner, probably useful for the same projects but not as expandable
- mitering head bandsaw (sometimes also usable as hand-held bandsaw, but usually smaller in that case)
leather apron for welding(Lars bought one, will bring June 12th or so.
- smelting furnace (under construction by Lmnl99 and Chris)
- taps and dies for left-handed threads
- bigger/better drill press
- e.g. crank for height adjustment, higher pillar, deeper work area
- tap arm
- Sheet metal bender (could possibly be built ourself)
- CNC metalworking lathe
- Metal Mill
Electronics / PCB
- PCB prototyping boards
- coaxial cables
- coaxial to banana cables
- banana cable to breadboard connector
- programmable power supply (multi channel)
- PCB etching machine
- microscope for PCB inspection
- thermal imager
- 4" lens for cutting thicker materials
- rotary attachment for engraving glasses, bottles etc.
- Upgraded laser cutter control board
- waterjet cutter, e.g. Wazer (also see Makezine article)
- Plastic Shredder