general idea/overview of dates: "Plenum"
Here's the list so far - please don't hesitate to add more! If you won't be able to attend, you can add your comments here or in the discussion to take part anyway :-)
Recap of the last plenum
- everyone attending has read last month's meeting minutes :-)
- progress of the renovations:
- outside doors have been fixed
- vehicle workspaces are ready for use
- fundamental safety features are installed: first aid kits, fire extinguishers, emergency exits
- rats: will be an ongoing topic for a while, but not blocking anymore...
- we have two traps in the workshop floor, holes in the other rooms and especially into neighboring halls are widely sealed
- cables have gotten an extra protection and are not in the animals' way now, so no reason to chew on them again...
- missing until re-opening now: only the electricity inspection!!
Seminar Planning - Tor 4
As the first "Tor 4" beginner course on March 21/22 is getting closer, we are still looking for helpers:
- "Precision Tech Meets Art" (Keno)
- Final Event
- June 27 plus evenings of the week before
- should consist of very visible afternoons/evenings with project presentations and discussions
We are sponsored with new equipment for these courses, so your involvement will have a great impact on the Space!
Just let Lukas know if you would like to have such a card!
New (and newly available) tools at the space
=> also see "Wish List"
- the laser cutter is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!
- lots of preparation will be needed before it can be commissioned, help is of course very welcome ;-)
- new chop saw needed
- although we're very close to opening the Space again with the minimum functionality, there are still plenty of ways to increase order and comfort
- for example, there are "issues" about installing a water line to the future kitchen, garbage collection, guiding visitors to the new place - just take a look!
- feel free to add anything that's not in the list yet!
Please share your experiences with just about anything - the more people are creating wiki content together, the better!
=> have a look at current "wiki" labeled issues where help is especially welcome :-)
- major edits this week: we've simplified and combined a couple of separate introductions into the drill introduction and the heat introduction! Make sure you're up to date on the new versions before using the machines again, as always ;-)
Also check out current projects that are looking for collaborators if you're a team player!
Area Patron Update
|Electronics Bench||Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|3D Printer Farm||Leo & Kim||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Woodturning||Lukas||restored the woodturning corner tonight before leaving||any feedback/thanks?|
|CNC Router||Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Kitchen||Kim & Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Drilling Table (and screw/nail stuff)||Keno||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Metal Lathe||Luzian||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Sanding Corner||F.Huchinson (supported by Luca)||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Laser Cutter||Erik||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
Who else would like to become an Area Patron (Eckpate)?
- wood workshop, e.g.:
- hand tools
- Metal Workshop, e.g.:
- hand tools
- Precious Plastic
- question: are stored items, vehicles etc. insured against theft?
- Lukas: no, only against break-ins (i.e. with visible signs of forced entry) - so make sure you lock your van/locker/etc if you want to be safe!
- also, best keep a list of valuables and give it to Patrick from time to time
Friday in March: 2020-3-6, 20:00