Let's take up to 2 × 20 minutes before each plenum to show others what we're working on! If you are interested in talking about your projects, please announce it here and/or via the Mailing List:
- БҌЛГаря...Bulgaria... Precious Plastics / Precious Waste? Ten-minute talk about a suggestion in development
- report from Make Ostwürttemberg
- relatively small, few "real" Maker
- Optical fiber splicer
Future Location / UMZUG
Unfortunately, we can not stay in our building for a third year as we hoped, so the move already needs to happen in December!
The managers have already started viewing potential buildings and would be very happy to hear your ideas!
Do you know any suitable places that are not listed online? What could you contribute to the moving efforts?
- potential location in Pfaffengrund - < 3 km from Czernyring 15, S-Bahn/Tram/Bus nearby
- 667m² industrial hall (> 2.5x our present space!)
- we would need to build our own walls - who has experience with Trockenbau?
- not heated - we'll need some insulated rooms, but some may just be cold in the winter
- not sure if there is drinking water, but we would test the water and go with purification or rainwater collection
- the beginning could be financially difficult - we'll need to increase our advertising for additional members again!
- ideally we could start renovating in November already so we can re-open without interruptions
- all help will be welcome! Work, building materials, pizza - if all members contribute something we should be able to pull this off :-)
The plenum liked the Pfaffengrund option as we probably won't find anything else in such a relatively central location.
Some questions that came up and should be tackled when the final offer is there:
- what can we afford to spend for the renovations?
- how much can we realistically do in two months - what is better left for later?
- will we lose members because of the move/how many months can we survive with x fewer people?
- might we be able to share some of the space (and cost) with related communities in the beginning?
New (and newly available) tools at the space
=> also see "Wish List"
- Lukas will start offering some long "do-something" nights after the Wednesday hours again - first spontaneous session with Luzian was very productive in the saw accessory wall storage department :-)
- the do-something day before our Open Day improved several things in different rooms, e.g. barrels for waste collection in the common room
Please share your experiences with just about anything - the more people are creating wiki content together, the better!
=> have a look at current "wiki" labeled issues where help is especially welcome :-)
Also check out current projects that are looking for collaborators if you're a team player!
Area Patron Update
|Electronics Bench||Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|3D Printer Farm||Luca & Kim||any feedback/thanks?|
|Woodturning||Lukas||upcoming basic course on Oct 13 - all practical slots already filled up after newsletter/ML announcement, but spectators are still welcome!||any feedback/thanks?|
|CNC Router||Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Kitchen (Fridge & Freezer)||Kim & Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Drilling Table||Keno||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Metal Lathe||Luzian||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
Who else would like to become an Area Patron (Eckpate)?
- wood workshop, e.g.:
- sanding corner
- Metal Workshop, e.g.:
- hand tools
- Precious Plastic
Will be frozen until the move into the new location.
This is the place to talk about general improvements etc. - for example:
- What did I do since the last plenum?
- What am I planning to do until the next plenum?
- What went wrong?
- What went well?
- What should get done at the space (new issues)?
Private Issue tracker
An anonymous member, that definitely doesn't want to be named, suggested a private issue tracker to post at various times of the day.
The plenum preferred the public nature of the Github issue tracker as it allows a broader range of people to participate.