Here's the list so far - please don't hesitate to add more! If you won't be able to attend, you can add your comments here or in the discussion to take part anyway :-)
Let's take up to 2 × 20 minutes before each plenum to show others what we're working on! If you are interested in talking about your projects, please announce it here and/or via the Mailing List:
More volunteers and ideas are welcome for...
- Open Day (see #Collaboration Possibilities)
- Maus-Türöffnertag (#127)
- registration is done. (Thanks Martin)
- Erik will do a soldering workshop
- We need to get some lead-free solder
- Keno is building some mobiles from wood with the CNC
- 3D printing is still up in the air, depending on how many registrations we'll get.
- webweek (#141)
- Erik was in contact with the IOT guys and the TTN community Heidelberg
- He is currently organising a meeting (probably tomorrow)
- Topic: LoRaWAN node setup
Please let us know who's in so we can plan much better :-)
New (and newly available) tools at the space
=> also see "Wish List"
- CNC mill (not yet usable - help out: #147)
- larger drill presses (not yet usable - help out: #143 & #144)
We will have an open day on Sunday, September 15th (10am - 6pm). For this, we still need a few things, which should get planned during the plenum:
- see Issue
- Helping hands beforehand (September 14th)
- Helping hands during the day
- Helping hands in the evening (around 6 pm)
- People willing to host some activity (e.g. Erik volunteered for a soldering workshop)
- Do we want to offer cake?
In addition, we are planning an upgrade to our common room: A common storage possibilities where people can temporarily store their projects. It is currently being planned in issue 148, but there are some open questions:
- Do we want to build it vertical or horizontal?
- Shall we also build another locker (since we´re already at building stuff)?
There will be do-something day most likely in September or October during which we can build the storage room and improve the waste corner. Side Note: Once the concept for this corner of the common room is complete and implemented, we should think about adding something social (like a football table :) ).
There will be a do-something day on Saturday, September 14th. The main focus on this day will be the preparation for the open day on September 15th (see above).
Please share your experiences with just about anything - the more people are creating wiki content together, the better!
=> have a look at current "wiki" labeled issues where help is especially welcome :-)
Area Patron Update
|Electronics Bench||Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|3D Printer Farm||Luca & Kim||any update?||Question: Is there any concrete plan to upgrade the printers to a common firmware version?|
|Woodturning||Lukas||course coming up (see below)||any feedback/thanks?|
|CNC Router||Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Kitchen (Fridge & Freezer)||Kim & Johannes||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Drilling Table||Keno||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
|Metal Lathe||Luzian||any update?||any feedback/thanks?|
Who else would like to become an Area Patron (Eckpate)?
- wood workshop, e.g.:
- sanding corner
- Metal Workshop, e.g.:
- hand tools
- Precious Plastic
Lukas could offer a woodturning course Oct 12th or 13th - any interest/preferences?
- Interest has been noted (Erik, Kim, Hanna)
- Mitja prefers the 13th
Ciaran wishes to step down from the management team and hand over to the next generation.
Currently, and for the foreseeable future, he has too many conflicting personal and professional priorities to effectively participate in the management of the space. He also believes the management team would benefit from some new "younger" blood ("Old man yells at Cloud" Meme here).
He would like this to happen at the earliest opportunity but intends to make the transition as smooth as possible so as to not destabilise the organisation.
This is the place to talk about general improvements etc. - for example:
- What did I do since the last plenum?
- Door Bell fixed (hardcoded the mqtt broker IP)
- Fixed the telegram bot. It does not crash anymore after requesting events
- Made the telegram bot code more readable
- What am I planning to do until the next plenum?
- What went wrong?
- The Einhell drill press is missing most parts from its depth stop - does anyone know what happened?
- What went well?
- What should get done at the space (new issues)?
Should be a Wednesday in October - 2nd (before a holiday) or 9th?
- Plenum chose Oct. 2nd - here are the "meeting minutes" already!