Here's the list so far - please don't hesitate to add more! If you won't be able to attend, you can add your comments here or in the discussion to take part anyway :-)
Recap of the last plenum
New (and newly available) tools at the space
- Project:Enhanced Door Bell
- Laser Cutter
- Router Table
- CNC Router operational again after Z upgrade
- Plunge Saw: Saw arrived, accessoires on the way
=> also see "Wish List" ---> Wish List E-Bench: Currently under discussion, should be confirmed with the managers before ordering anything on aliexpress (expect it is a donation ;) )
Members Wall: No progress so far, Martin will create a template
Project Wall: Please hang up pictures, examples, etc.
We had a Do-something day on November 10 and got quite a bit of stuff done:
- Cleaned the Metal Workshop
- Brought the Metal Trash to the Recyclinghof
- We got a new steel/metal storage in the corner. Anything shorter than 30cm will fall threw and should get thrown away.
- The Accessoires for our Disc Grinders got hung up to the wall.
- The Bench Grinder got a new spot far away from the Metal Lathe.
- The Drying Oven is now next to the Blast Cabinet and (hopefully) soon the Precious Plastic Shredder.
Current projects that are looking for collaborators
First commercial user got aware of our wiki and got an account in order to inform us about their product.
- Inkscape seminar (Lukas, quick demonstrations/help without slides)
- Plenum: Interest has been shown.
- Martin: PlatformIO Seminar (slides ready, waiting for some microcontrollers)
- Interest has been emphasized for the wiki seminar!
open discussion (general improvements, etc.)
What did I do since the last plenum?
- Moritz got a diamond truing tool for the Triton Bench grinder
- Moritz got Polierpaste and a Grinding angle set up jig for the Bench grinder
What am I planning to do until the next plenum?
finish the Welding Enclosure! Last missing parts just arrived :-)make the welding equipment available (issue #10)
What went wrong?
- Not many people attended the do-something day in november :(
What went well?
- building the Welding Enclosure :-)
- we're still growing and getting closer to 50 active members!
- Lot´s of progress has been made and can be seen in the space.
What should get done at the space (new issues)?
- the router table needs a better router, current one has already broken down once and will surely break again
- get the waste situation under control
- better trash bag holders in wood workshop & common room
- lockable bins so they are not filled up by others while they are standing in front of the building (managers are working on it, but it might become better when the post office at the corner closes)
- no trash next to the bins!
- burn untreated wood, bring away the rest
- people with bulky items or generating lots of trash should at least help bringing it away
- Lukas messaged the owners of the trash outside the space (on the backside) and ask them to remove the trash.
- Issue opened for the regular trash within the space (#85)
- The garbage collection dates will get published, so that every member can put the garbage cans to the collection area.
- Every member: Please put the garbage to the big garbage cans when the small ones are full!
- Plunge Saw commissioning: create documentation, introduction adjustment
- They should be stored with their blades being withdrawn.
- In order to make it more beginner friendly (and secure them from getting broken), a storage system needs to be built (including written notices on the tool)
- January 11th