Project:Resized Wardrobe Drawers
Resized Wardrobe Drawers
|Status:||build done, now documenting|
|Release Date:||Oct 2018|
|Materials Used:||film faced plywood, melamine, pine plywood,|
dowel pegs, wood screws, drawer slides
|Tools Used:||table saw, router table, cordless drill,|
|Approx. Cost:||approx. 15 € for wood, 20 € for slides|
Our wardrobe (forgot from which furniture store) had two drawers that were 36 cm deep, but there was room for 54 cm - wasted potential for a 50 % increase of usable space!
Of course, that had to be changed and I tackled this project as soon as we got our first router table running in the CoMakingSpace.
- originally wanted to replace just the sides, but different style of slides, higher walls & thicker bottom desired
- slides a bit harder to install than expected, had to move them up a few times
- but move nicely & can hold way more than they ever will have to
- warped shelf above (stupid chipboard...) made a re-cut necessary
- fronts seemed to hold very strongly without wood glue at first, but had to be glued on after a few months - just do yourself a favor and glue them on as soon as you're sure everything fits!