Simple Pizza Peels
|Status:||75 % done|
|Release Date:||June 2018|
|Tools Used:||table saw, scroll saw, rasps, sandpaper|
|Approx. Cost:||10 €|
I wanted to make two simple pizza peels out of birch multi-ply.
This was a nice chance to try spiral-toothed scroll saw blades as the boards required for this project would be too large for the saw if cut with regular blades.
Based on a peel and stone that I already have and the box it should fit in, these are the desired measurements:
5 mm6 mm (was available at the Space)
- handle: approx. 12 × 4 cm
- surface: approx. 35 × 30 cm (wider than long)
- front edge: chamfered for 12 mm
- cut: table saw for width, scroll saw for handle & curved shoulders
- chamfer: used a rasp to remove most of the unwanted material at the front edge
- sand: old sanding disc for cleaning up the cut, sanding block to finish the chamfer
→ only finished one so far, perhaps the chamfer needs to be adjusted due to the thicker material that was used - to be continued after some test pizzas