|Platform:||Windows, Linux, MacOSX|
|Input Formats:||.stl, .dae|
|Output Formats:||G-code, .stl|
|Users:||Ciaran, Lukas, Mitja, Patrick|
The source code can be found at the Ultimaker github account. The slicing engine can be embedded in other programs like OctoPrint.
Cura can be adapted to different printers and will keep a profile for each of them. You can tweak a range of settings and the start/end G-codes to optimize the output of each machine.
- free & open source
- very fast 
- gives pretty accurate estimations of print duration and filament use
- object transformations are rather limited, especially "rotate"
- important advanced settings are missing
- layer-dependent temperature
- infill patterns other than rectangular grid
- no different material profiles
- Simplify3D (commercial)