"Spartan" Pencil/Knife Holders
just some notes for now - not sure when I'll actually find time to design this!
- should be CNC'able and made from wood
- first a small version for pencils, then the typical knife holder you've probably seen on the internet (problem - not very flexible, knife sizes best known in advance)
- helmet pattern should be nicer/more realistic than in most designs - different wood, extra thickness for helmet & less for feathers?
- shield should be round & domed with a lambda on it
- kneeling position would be closer to the 300 movie (arrows are broken when standing up)
- 3D printable "Spartan Toothpick Army"
- etsy image with okay feathers and lambda shield (although too many other lines for my taste)
- Wikipedia - "Hoplite"
- at least one other person also thought of a pencil/stuff holder (laser cut)
Just when I was about to design it mostly from scratch, I found an Instructable that hits many of my targets already. I vectorized the design to be able to laser cut it out of 6 mm poplar plywood. If the original author is okay with it, I'll share the files once they're all cleaned up!