Self-Built Sharpening Station
|Team:||who else would like to help?|
Let's turn the grinding table into a versatile and efficient sharpening station! Before we start, we should make sure to include as many features as possible :-)
Feel free to add more ideas!
- power tools on a lockable rotating top ("Lazy Susan")?
- bench grinder(s) should be fitted with "Wolverine One Way"-style sharpening jigs
- drawer for sharpening stones at a comfortable height (right below the top)
- stable & lockable in the extended position so the stones don't have to be removed for sharpening - if we are comfortable with liquids in there
- or just a tray? could be filled with something like this and taken to a free workbench for use
- easy-to reach middle section: accessory storage
- small jigs
- loose abrasive powders
- suitable small files (those for sharpening often have at least one smooth side)
- near the floor: rarely used equipment
- e.g. dressing stones (Abrichtsteine)
- mobile or rather solid/fixed? It wouldn't really need wheels in our current metal workshop
There should also be some sharpening stations in the "Woodworking Idea Book" in the common room bookshelf!