Roof-Mounted Radio Antenna & Sign
|Release Date:||March 2018|
|Materials Used:||scrap wood, nails, screws, rocks|
|Tools Used:||chop saw, cordless drill, hammer|
|Approx. Cost:||cents (mostly recycled materials)|
We integrated our sound system's radio antenna in a little wooden "sculpture" that we put on our roof.
- make a letter "M" out of scrap wood
- attach radio antenna to the "M"
- route antenna wire to the sound system
- attach weights to letter legs
- install RGB LED strips
- let the LEDs indicate whether the space is open
We originally made more letters and planned to put the entire word "MAKE" up there but it would have been very hard to make windproof and signs of more than 1 m in size may require a building permit. Therefore, we settled for the "M"-shaped antenna as the only element.