Wax Cloth to Wrap Food
|Release Date:||late 2018 (documentation pending)|
|Materials Used:||beeswax, kitchen towels (or straight fabric)|
|Tools Used:||scissors, flatiron (Bügeleisen)|
|Approx. Cost:||12 € (fabric) + ??? € (wax) for ??? wraps|
In order to reduce our use of aluminum foil and cling foil (Frischhaltefolie) even more, my wife and I want to make some beeswax-impregnated wrapping cloth. It should be affordable and easily made so it can be copied by others and given away as a small present.
- cotton fabric
- some scraps
- two 140 × 60 cm pieces from Stoff-Ideen (Plöck)
- strawberries: 125 g/m²
- yellow: 131 g/m²
- wax wrap
- "Beeswax Wrap - Reusable Substitution for Plastic Wrap" on Instructables
- Zerowastefamilie.de - add oil for flexibility?
- Wax Wrap "workshops" page - very few details
- Johanna Rundel - hairdryer for final touch, 20 % oil!